Porter-Cable 4212 12-Inch Deluxe Dovetail Jig with Steel Base Solid and Durable
- Board alignment lines and router bit depth gauges allow for quick, easy set-up
- Router bit depth gauges allow the user to set bit depth without measuring
- On-board instructions provide clear user guidance for the various applications
- Machined aluminum templates provide superior cutting accuracy and long term durability
- Durable, single-piece steel base design requires no assembly and allows clamping or bolting directly to the work bench
- Accommodates stock from 1/4 to 1-1/8 thick
- Heavy-duty cam-type clamps with sandpaper-backed locking bars provide solid grip of wood
- Includes Half-Blind/Sliding Dovetail Template (Model 4211), Through Dovetail/Box Joint Template (Model 4213), 2 Router Bits (Models 43776PC, 43743PC), 2 Template Guides (Models 42040, 42046), 2 lock nuts (Model 42237), Wrench, Instruction Manual
What's in The Box
- Jig Base
- 2 Templates
- 2 Router Bits
- 2 Template Guides
- 2 Lock Nuts
- Wrench (more...)
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-3325
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $99. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
This is a well designed jig that should hold up well. I like the router base insert idea. The insert glides along the template fingers to give precise control for the bit to follow. This jig is designed to let you cut your tails & pins with fewer steps than other jigs. The only reason to purchase a different jig would be if you wanted one that would allow you to adjust the finger spacing. But this jig will do most drawer jobs etc just fine.
I had used a dovetail jig that had many plastic parts and spent most of my effort compensating for its alignment difficulties. When I was setting this one up I could already see why the old one was inferior. I made clean well fitted joints right from the start. What a treat to use the right tool!
I got this jig a couple weeks ago to make drawers for a dresser I'm making. I have never cut a single dovetail in my life before and this jig made it so easy. I read some reviews on this jig and some people said the directions were hard to follow I didn't find that to be true. If you take a min and read then carefully it tells you exactly what you need to do. I found that youtube videos helped alot as if you don't understand the directions. Took me about 15 min to dial everything in on scrap wood to make sure I was getting the joint I wanted. Then I was off and running! Remember I have NEVER cut a single dovetail in my life before this and this jig made it easy!!! Great jig for the money I love it! Hope this review helps!
Many reviews directed me to the Porter Cable dovetail jig and they were right. It is an accurate and user friendly machine. So glad I chose it over both the cheaper and more expensive options. Great features like the router bit depth stop and easily adjustable offset plate are indispensable in my opinion. Made fast work of four drawers.
I have been using a Porter Cable jig for yeas at I was not often in need of it. Now I'm building Knitting equipment and will be making much more DTs. I went searching for the best jig for the money. This is it. I received it quickly and it works great. Very easy to set up and use. Foolproof. I went to YouTube and found a few videos on its operation. Very helpful.