Makita XMU04ZX 18V LXT Cordless Grass Shear w/ Hedge Trimmer Blade - Bare Tool
- Over 3 hours of run time with 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Makita-built motor delivers up to 2,500 SPM for efficient cutting
- 2-in-1 quick blade change from grass shear to hedge trimmer
- Grass shear features easy to operate 3 stage cutting height adjustment (9/16", 3/4", 1")
- 6-5/16" shear blade with dual cutting action for maximum efficiency
- 8" dual action double-sided hedge trimmer blade for precision cutting
- Non-electrolyzed nickel-plated blades engineered to resist staining and rusting
- Ergonomic rubberized soft grip engineered to absorb vibration for more comfortable operation
- Compact and maneuverable design
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging, and over-heating
What's in The Box
- 18V LXT Grass Shear (XMU04Z)
- Shear Blade Assembly Set (195267-4)
- Grass Receiver Attachment (457426-1)
- Grass Shear Blade Cover (452055-5)
- 8" Hedge Trimmer Blade Assembly (198408-1)
- Hedge Trimmer Blade Cover (451816-0)
- Owner's Manual
- 3 Year Limited Factory Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
|Cutting Capacity||6-5/16 in|
|Strokes Per Minute||2500 SPM|
|Depth Adjustment Range||9/16 in, 3/4 in, 1 in|
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-3325
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $99. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
I bought this primarily for the hedge trimmer, which works well on waist-high grass and on tough shrubs such as boxwood or holly. The tool cuts boxwood and holly branches cleanly, which my previous (and very old) hedge trimmer did not.
Switching from the grass clipper to the edge trimmer was a little tricky the first time I did it. After that, it's easy. What I did not understand despite reading the instructions carefully is that the eccentric has to be removed, turned over, and replaced when switching from one to the other. I find it slightly annoying that there is no way to lock the device ON; you have to keep your finger on the trigger. This is, of course, a safety feature so its a design choice, not a flaw.
Finally, it's difficult to find a high-quality, short, one-handed trimmers. This one has a blade 8 inches long. Most high-quality trimmers are 22 inches or longer. Makita has filled a gap in the market. BTW, if you want to buy this unit with the grass clipper only, you can, but if you want the hedge trimmer it has to be bought in a package with the clipper. Or you can buy the clipper alone and buy the hedge trimmer attachment separately.