DeWALT DW621 2HP Electronic Variable Speed Plunge Router Tool - Electric
- Full wave electronic variable speed motor with soft start runs at 8,000-24,000 rpm with constant speed under load to ensure a quality finish in all materials.
- Rack and pinion depth adjuster, with micro-fine adjusting allows quick, accurate set ups.
- Only plunge router with built-in dust extraction through the column, removes 95% of the dust.
- Spindle lock button allows one-wrench bit changes.
- Innovative rubber-coated knobs have plunge-lock and on/off built-in for maximum user control.
- 1/4 - 1/2 collet capacity for greater versatility.
- 10 Amp motor uses state of the art circuitry for soft starts and smooth operation.
- One piece motor shaft and spindle ensures perpendicularity and accuracy.
- Guide Bushing adapter plate accepts standard guide bushings for template work.
- Phosphorous bronze bushings for the smoothest plunge.
- Micro-fine depth adjusts in increments of 1/256 for extreme accuracy.
What's in The Box
- 1/4 and 1/2 collets (more...)
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-3325
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $99. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
I own several routers, among them, several models from Festool, Bosch, Porter Cable, etc.; none of them comes close to the quality, endurance and easy for set ups. Dust quality is at best and depth of cuts is another fine feature of this router, having a very precise fine adjustment mechanism. The only drawback but only for newcomers to this router is the switch compounded buttons but after awhile you get used to them. I have two of them and planning to add another two to my shop.
I own four different routers, one of which is the DeWalt DW621. It's by far my favorite, and the go-to for almost any project. Set-up is easy, execution is flawless, and the quality in the finished product is without peer. I've used it to build furniture, cabinets and entry doors from scratch, and have never been frustrated with this DeWalt. My prior favorite has been relegated to strictly biscuit use, and another sits and gathers dust. This DeWalt has plenty of power for use on all woods, including IPE and maple, yet will provide a very smooth and detailed finish on the thinest of aspen or veneered plywood, and it comes with 1/4 and 1/2 inch collets for universal application with all bits. The depth stop and auxiliary edge guide are very intuitive. Dust collection with a shop vac or collection system is excellent. Sightlines are open and direct so I can easily see where my cutline is. This machine has been very heavily used, yet shows no signs of wear - but if I should outlast it, I'll buy another. You can't go wrong.
I've been using this for about 2 years, although I don't use it every day It has made it through some long sessions and still feels brand new. I am a carpenter by trade so it definitely gets used. I think it has plenty of power for edging and mortising, I have not tried any raised panels or larger 1/2in bits so not sure about that. I use a festool hose and extractor and as long as you take moderate amounts off at a time it does very well. Very happy with it. Comfortable, light weight, and easy to adjust/setup for dados and other tasks requiring precise depth adjustment.