DeWALT DW618PK 2-1/4 HP Fixed Base Plunge Router Tool Combo Kit
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12 amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods.
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64'' increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location.
- Adjustable, tool-free steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking.
- Integral, through-the-column dust collection collects 95% of the dust and provides superior bit visibility.
- Quick release motor latches for fast and easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes.
- Detachable cordset offers cordset serviceability and the ability to use the same motor pack for all bases.
- Sub-base concentricity gauge included to ensure bit concentricity for best-in-class accuracy.
- Precision machined brass bushings and case-hardened steel guide rods provide a smooth and accurate plunge stroke.
- Spindle lock to allow for one wrench bit changes.
- Clear, LEXAN sub-base provides enhanced base durability, bit visibility, and accepts standard template guide bushings.
- Rubber overmolded handles and low center of gravity design provide best-in-class comfort, balance, and control.
- Dust-sealed switch provides durability and long switch life.
- Heavy duty, precision machined, die-cast aluminum base and motor housing for durability and low tool weight.
- Nickel plated motor housing for a smooth, long-lasting depth adjustment.
- Right or left switch and cordset location provides the ability to have the switch in your right or left hand.
- Flat top for easy bit and depth changes.
- Self-releasing, long, eight slotted collets for better bit retention and eliminates frozen bits.
- Five position, adjustable turret stop assists in stepped or repeated plunge cuts.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment on plunge base 5/128'' per turn for precise routing in veneer and inlays.
- Easy to reach plunge lever and switch for superior control while routing.
What's in The Box
- DW618M Motor Pack
- DW6184 Fixed Base
- DW6182 plunge base
- 1/4'' and 1/2'' collets
- Sub-base concentricity gauge
- Large hold sub base
- Vacuum adaptor
- Heavy-duty kit box
- Owner's Manual
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
|No Load Speed||8,000-24,000 rpm|
|Collet Diameter||1/2, 1/4''|
|Depth Stop||Micro-fine Ring|
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-3325
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $99. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
I am the one in a thousand tool owners that actually reads and uses the owners manual. the manual that comes with router is totally unfriendly first off it unfolds like a map and spreads out over the work bench! the pictures of parts are lettered and the chart with names is half the map away from pictures. very good router though.
After reading many reviews on different routers, what sold me on this DeWalt model DW618PK was the extra base with a wider hole in the center and the plunger base had brass bushings. I already own two 1/4" routers. One set up in a router table and one is 40 years old and still works, but neither router accepts porter-cable size template bushing. Wow! I sure made the right choice. The plunger base works very smoothly, no noticeable play in accuracy of plunger system. I cut 8 mortise notches in maple using a 1/2" straight bit. Notches were 1/2" wide, 31/32" deep and 8 3/4" long. Cuts were made in 1/4" steps using the super nice step gage built into the plunger base. I used the vacuum system also, but it only worked good on the 1st. 1/4" of depth. I believe an up-cut bit would work best with the vacuum system. The fixed base system is very nice. Switch is in a good location. Depth adjustment is also good. Base plate takes the Porter-Cable size template guides 1 3/16" x 1 3/8". A fixed basd router wih only a hole big enough for the template guides is not a very practical router, especially for the wider bits. This is why it comes with an extra base plate with a lager hole in the center. Don't own any 1/2" shank bits yet, so I do not know how well it will handle bits with a wider cut. I did use 1 1/2" wide bits and didn't have any problems with the H.P. of the moter. As for the Factory Authorized Outlet Company, I think the word "Outlet" means there may be a defect in something you buy. In my case, the carrying case was damaged. Called the company, and had a new case in 7-8 days. Can't beat this for service. Staff were very pleasant to talk with. 5 Gold stars for the company.
DEWALT IS THE "TOOL" THE ONLY ONE ..nEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE CAN THEIR BE SOMETHING ELSE? SHOW ME
this router is very user friendly,powerful
Great router. Easy to use and the setup instructions were simple and easy to understand. As with all my other DeWalt tools, ie: corded drill/20v cordless hammer drill, jig saw, 13.5 thickness planer, I am very pleased with this router. I would suggest this item to anyone.