Celestron 11069 8-Inch SE NexStar Computerized Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- The world's most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic (orange tube) design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000 celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you're unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
What's in The Box
- 8-Inch Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA Telescope - 11069
- NexStar Alt-Az GoTo Mount
- 25mm 1.25-Inch Eyepiece
- 1.25-Inch Star Diagonal
- Red Dot Pointer Finder
- Steel Tripod w/ 1.25-Inch Legs
- NexStar Hand Controller
- (THE SKY) Planetarium software with a 10,000 object database
- High Point 32mm 1.25-Inch Plossl Eyepiece
- High Point 1.25-Inch 2x Barlow
- High Point 1.25-Inch Moon Filter
- Owner's Manual
- 2-Year Limited Factory Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
|Aperture (mm)||203.2 mm (8 in)|
|Focal Length||2032 mm (80 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece||1mm25mm (0.98 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||81x|
|Star Diagonal||1.25 in|
|Mount Type||Single Fork Arm Altazimuth|
|Tripod||Steel (sku 93593)|
|Power Requirements||8-AA batteries (not included)|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||843x|
|Apparent Field of View||0.63 degree|
|Linear Field of View ( at1000 yds)||33 ft (10m)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||2.5 in (64mm)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31 percent|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.77 percent|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||17 in (432mm)|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||33 lbs (15kg)|
|Tripod Weight||9 lbs (4.08kg)|
|Slew Speeds||Nine slew speeds|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Communication Ports||RS-232 communication port on hand control, Autoguider port, Aux port|
|Computer Hand Control||Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|Database||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-3325
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $49. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.