The 394 Description:
The Porter-Cable 394 5-inch Low Profile Random Orbit Sander with Dust Collection and Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Pad comes with a 3.5 Amp EnduraTech motor for increased performance and durability. The EnduraTech Motor Technology has 71-percent fewer wear components for a 5-to-10x longer motor life and its electronic load control provides for 42-percent faster material removal. An electronic motor brake reduces spin-down time by 73-percent for increased productivity and mechanical pad brake reduces free-spin to virtually eliminate gouging. Other features include a low profile design that reduces sander height by 31-percent for better control and finish, and a variable-speed 7,000-to-12,000 OPM for optimal removal rate on a variety of materials. With a rubber grip for added comfort and control and an integrated dust port that accepts 1- and 1-1/2-inch vacuum hoses for optimal dust collection, this sander comes with a 3/32-inch orbit diameter. This sander measures 4 x 5 x 12 inches and weighs 2.1 pounds.
- 3.5 Amp endura tech motor for increased performance and durability
- Electronic Load Control for 42% faster material removal
- EnduraTech Motor Technology has 71% fewer wear components for 5-10 times longer motor life
- Electronic motor brake reduces spin-down time by 73% for increased productivity; Mechanical pad brake reduces free-spin to virtually eliminate gouging
- Integrated dust port accepts 1- and 1-1/2-inch vacuum hoses