The 371 Features:
- Textured rubber body grip provides comfortable non-slip surface
- Flush side enables sanding up to perpendicular surface
- Metal components provide durability for professional applications
- Dust sealed, recessed switch offers accessibility while minimizing unintended turn-offs
- Removable auxiliary handle offers better control when two-handed use is desired
- Cord exit grip offers auxiliary gripping for various orientations
- Removable dust port for passive dust collection
- Low center of gravity feels balanced in various orientations
- Power: 120 VAC
- Amps: 5.0 Amps
- SFPM: 1100
- Belt Size: 2 1/2'' x 14''
- Length: 10 3/4''
- Net Weight: 5.0 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 8.0 lbs
- 80G Belt
- Dust Port
- Removable Auxiliary Handle
- Instruction Manual
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(1 Review)
1 Item(s)per page
February 27th, 2014
Belt Sander of the Gods!!
Comment:After a ten+ year war with belt sanders Porter-Cable has scored a victory with the 371 compact model.For over ten years I have been in the business of period antique repair and restoration.Every piece presents itself with its own set of new and different challenges,sanding usually tops that list.When I saw the 371 compact belt sander at my Porter-Cable dealer I knew my prayers had been answered.At only five lbs and the nearly perfect single handed design it preforms,if not out preforms,all of its larger siblings.I was hesitant at first,fearing that I may be sacrificing a degree of quality for speed,which is not an acceptable option in my field.Nothing could have been further from the truth.Its light weight compact design allows for close quarter,delicate finish sanding and finish removal yet,the small but comfortable nose handle encourages you to use it as you would a 15lb three hp model.A four hour five grade change manual procedure now takes about 20 min and only three grade changes.Im not only saving valuable time but I'm using less product,lowering my overhead and saving my clients money.Needless to say I get no complaints about that.Everyone of my woodworking friends who have had a go with it in my shop has ultimately gone and bought one the same day(its made me really popular with most of there wives!!not really,bad joke,very bad).It's the best tool I've bought in a decade.Thank you Porter-Cable,David Rocray-Rocray Restoration.
1 Item(s)per page