- 8.8 AMP motor for powerful performance
- Auto-tracking belt system tracks belt without adjustment
- Unique design allows flush sanding to the corner of the wall with nose and side of sander
- Dust bag for a cleaner work environment
- Long 16.4 ft. power cord for easy maneuverability
- Sands wood or metal and removes paint and rust
- Optional sanding shoe available for precise sanding depth control
- Double insulated
What's in The Box
- 1 ea. Abrasive belt (742322-9)
- Dust bag (122591-2)
- Owner’s Manual
- 1-Year Limited Factory Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
Specifications Belt Size 4" x 24" Belt Speed (ft/min) 690 - 1,440 AMPS 8.8 Length 13-1/8" Net Weight (lbs.) 10.3 Shipping Weight (lbs.) 12.7 UPC Code 088381032667
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(4 Reviews)
4 Item(s)per page
July 23rd, 2015
Comment:This is a great sander, heavy duty and tough. I used it to sand my deck prior to painting and it worked like a champ...until I caught the cord in the belt. That was my own darn fault, because I did it twice. The second time I sheared the bolt on the drive roller gear. If there is a drawback to this unit, it is it will eat the power cord if it's in the way. They warn you about it in the instructions too! If you ca stand the cost this is the sander to get.
December 9th, 2014
Forget the sanding shoe
Comment:I like the sander. It's bigger than my 3 X 21 and more powerful. Unfortunately, I also bought a sanding shoe for more precise work. The sanding shoe is not available in the USA. Don't ask me why, I don't know. I bought the shoe through a company in British Columbia, Canada. Unfortunately, the shoe will not work with the sander without modifying the steel/cork plate on the bottom of the sander. I talked to both Makita USA and Makita Canada and got no help from either. There advice, cut up the steel/cork plate and make it work. Not good customer support as far as I'm concerned.
June 21st, 2013
Best sander on the market
Comment:Bought this model 18 months ago and have used/abused it routinely on large jobs. It does a great job and keeps on running. Great tool.
May 21st, 2012
Makita 24x4 sander
Comment:One of the best sanders I have used. Well balanced and easy to sand.
4 Item(s)per page