Rugged... Durable... Dependable... Power When You Need It!
Now One Time Only Hurricane Special Pricing .....
For a Limited time we have reduced our prices up to 50% to make it easier for more people to afford these quality generators.
Perfect for Power Outages, the Construction Site, Service Trucks & More.
The XP8500E Features:
- Durable DuroMax 16.0 Hp, air cooled engine w/ recoil and electric start.
- Heavy duty steel frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth and quiet operation.
- Full power panel with oil warning and battery condition lights, key start switch, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
- Wheel and handle kit for easy transporting. Now features our new 10-1/2" all-terrain never flat tires. Ever been frustrated when you went to use a hand truck, bicycle, or wheel barrow and found it with a flat tire, this will never be the case with our never flat tires. They offer the flexibility and looks of a pneumatic tire, without the rigidity of a solid tire. This design improves the mobility across both soft ground and hard surfaces.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Maximum Output ]: 8.0 hrs.
- (4) 20A Fully protected 120V outlets.
- (1) 30A 120V/240V twist-lock.
- (1) 10A 12V utility connection for charging a battery or running a verity of 12V devices.
- Low oil shut-off protects engine. This model also includes an advance oil warning light that warns you of a low oil condition before the unit shuts off due to low oil.
- Super quiet muffler reduces engine noise. Includes spark arrestor for use in brushy areas.
- Idle control (Auto Throttle) switch: When the idle control is switched on it automatically lowers the RPM's to an idle when no power is being used. When power is used it automatically raises the RPM to respond to the load and then lowers it again when the load is removed. This feature dramatically saves fuel and reduces noise when engaged.
- Max AC Output: 8500 watts
- Rated AC Output: 7000 watts
- Current (120V/240VAC & 12VDC)
- (4) 120v 20A 3-prong outlets
- (Standard Household plug)
- (1) 120v/240v 30A twist lock
- (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire)
- (1) 10A 12V utility connection.
- Amps: 58.4A/29.2A
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7.0 gal
- 16 Hp air cooled engine.
- Low oil shutoff w/ advance warning light.
- EPA & CARB approved engines.
- Super quiet exhaust w/ built-in spark arrestor.
- Electric Key & EZ-Pull Recoil start.
- RV/Equipment switch: Increases Amperage for large 120 volt loads.
- Noise level: 72 Decibel with a load. 41 Decibel with idle control engaged and no load.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Maximum Output ]: 8.0 hrs. This can be greatly increased with intermittent loads and the use of the idle control.
- Extra large 10-1/2" all-terrain never flat tires.
- Flip-Up stow away Handles.
- Spark plug wrench.
- Electric Starter & Battery.
- All new high impact interior/exterior packaging insures your generator will get to you in 100% factory perfect condition.
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(10 Reviews)
February 8th, 2013
So far, very good.
Comment:I purchased this for back-up power supply since we live in a rural area, and have been without electric for weeks at a time during past storms. Also will use for camping. Came with everything needed except motor oil. Starts right up, is as quiet as any of my three onan rv gensets, (2 1986's, one 1997). Has more voltage and wattage capacity too. Best thing so far, it does not put out stinky fumes! The old gensets I have smell like an old 2cycle engine. The new DuroMax smells like a new car! Engine seems well built and tight, with no rattles. The generator is heavy, and would need two people to lift. With regular maintanence, it should last for years. Thank you.
December 20th, 2012
Finally Had A Chance To Test It.
Comment:I order the Duromax 8500E before Hurricane Sandy, but did not recieve it until after the storm. We were lucky not to lose our electric for very long, but we lost our electric last night and I finally had a chance to test it.
It started up with no problem and ran everything in the house with no problem. The only 220w I had hooked to it was Hot Water tank and it did not bog down when the hot water kicke on. We only used the lights we needed. We used the TV,DVR, and Pellet Stove with no problem, plus the computer (to contact the power company) and I never heard the Generator bog down once.
My only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that I had trouble figuring out all the buttons on the Generator. I never used a generator before and the manual was not very helpful. I was not sure if I was suppose to have the circut breaker on or off. There were two other buttons wich I figure to be some sort of circut trip. I figured most of it out myself, but it would be nice to explain a little better in the manual.
I definitely would recomend this Generator. I bought it because of the good rating it recieved. Make the manual a little more user friendly for first time users and It will get 5 stars from me.
November 15th, 2012
Best Buy Ever!
Comment:I am very pleased with my purchase of my xp8500 Duromax Generator,Mainly the Electric start my wife and I are in our 70s now even she can get it going if a emergency hits us.We are very happy with the sevice given us by Factory Generator Outlet,We received our Generator 3-Days after calling in Order,The driver even put it in my Garage where I wanted it,So I gave him a tip! I put the wheels on it,Put Oil and Gas in.Said to my wife start it up,She turned the Key and it started right up.She and I were very Happy.We Surely Would recommend to anyone to Buy your Generator throw your company!
November 10th, 2012
Thake it from Joe It Works Great
Comment:This review is simple This Generator 8500 Watt Duromax was worth the Buy right out of the box it took 30 min to set up very easy to do . It powerd my hole house . had no problem with delivery shipping was Free came on time
November 6th, 2012
Did the Job During Sandy
Comment:Live in Northern New Jersey and my power was out for 5 days as a result of Hurricane Sandy. My DuroMAX XP8500E ran my well pump, 2 refrigerators, hot water heater and enough interior and exterior lights to keep everyone safe. I installed a 6 circuit transfer switch with an external connection on the house. Ran the generator just about full-time over the 5 day period with no issues. Never needed to add oil. Burned 7 gallons (full tank) about every 8 or so hours. Buy extra gas cans or you'll be hunting for gas on a daily basis.
November 1st, 2012
very nice build unit xp8500e
Comment:The unit come in a box . You have to put it together. As soon you put in the oil and gas,this thing ready to work. Just open the choke turn the key, it started no problem.
November 1st, 2012
Hurricane Sandy First Test
Comment:Got my XP8500E this spring set up test ran and put away. Hurricane Sandy showed up in force on 10/29 and we lost power at 3:PM. A huge pine tree came down taking out 4 telephone poles and wires. Got the 8500 up and running. It ran for 3 days and 3 hours without a hitch. Shut off at 20hrs. to change oil, then only twice more to check oil. It powered 2 big refrigerators, all lights when needed, tvs, computers, coffee maker, pellet stove, furnace, well pump, garage doors, my wife even used a small element on the range top to cook.
It ran 8hrs overnight with a 1/4 of a tank left in the morning. I am to say the least very impressed with this generator. Now the only test for this unit is durability and length of life. Im giving a 5 star rating for now.
September 19th, 2012
Comment:Got new Gen. 9/17/12. Was packed good.Put wheels on.
I have information for new owners, that should be in the manual. To break in new Gen. you put in iol, and gas, start up for 4 hours with control idol off,and main breaker off. Than drain iol and put new back in. Let run for a few min. and it is ready for use.
August 11th, 2012
Comment:no surprises , everything works
July 27th, 2012
Comment:I live in the northeast. Storms becoming more powerful and power outages more frequent. Been thinking about getting a generator for years. Did alot of research. Decided the Duromax XP 8500 would suit my needs. Last summer we had a hurricane come through and my nieghbors lost power 5 houses away for 5-6 days. I was lucky. Didnt lose power and still didnt buy my generator. This June I went on to generator factory.com to check on the prices. I placed my order including a cover. A week later I got a call from Federal Express. They told me when they were coming and called a half hour prior to arrival. They unloaded it off the truck and put it in my garage. Gave the guy $10.00. Looked over the directions a few times. Borrowed jack stands from my neighbor. Lifted up one side to put on legs then other side and put on wheels. Pretty easy even though directions were a little hard to understand. Hooked up battery. Added 10W30 synthetic motor oil, gas. Turned the key and it started right up. No problems so far. Had a transfer switch installed by an electician. Everything on it except cental air, oven, dishwasher, washer, dryer. Tried it out and everthing ran great. Refrigerators, tvs, ceiling fans, lights, oil burner. Even have my pool on it. Have since bought a 40 foot cable so I can move it further from my house. A 10 foot cable came with transfer switch. Hope I wont ever need it. If I do Ill be ready.