- Powerful 15.0 Amp, 10,000 rpm motor handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4" cast aluminum base is 2X more rigid than a standard 10" base and folding tables
- Automatic carriage lock reduces the movement that causes snipe without the need for manual engagement by the user
- Material removal gauge and extra-large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Extra-large turret depth stop allows user to return to most frequently used thicknesses with ease
What's in The Box
- (DW735) Heavy-Duty 13" Three Knife, Two Speed Thickness Planer.
- (DW7352) Extra set of Reversible Planer Knives.
- (DW7351) Folding In Feed and Out Feed Tables.
- Owner’s Manual
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Specifications Amps 15 No Load Speed 10,000 rpm Max. Depth of Cut 1/8" Depth Capacity 6" Width Capacity 13"
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(10 Reviews)
May 6th, 2016
Very Pleased with Factory Authorized
Comment:This is mostly a review of Factory Authorized, not the product, although I am pleased with the planer. I have not had a chance to really use the planer yet. Factory Authorized shipped the product quickly, it arrived quickly and in good condition. The sale price and the fact that I was not charged anything for shipping was the difference in purchasing somewhere else. Good deal!
February 24th, 2016
lives up to it's reputation
Comment:for several years running, this planer has consistently scored the high mark in bench top planer reviews. after owning several different planers of different brands, this one clearly beats the competition. it is is the most rigid, finest cutting and easily the least amount of snipe I've experienced from any of my past planers. worth the money for the included in/out feed tables. the unit is heavy, so it's nice to have a dedicated stand or bench space to keep it. I've yet to see how long the blades last... but I'll likely purchase a Shelix head for the unit once I run through my factory blades.
December 15th, 2015
Comment:My first planer and so far I'm very happy. Just set it up and have run several test cuts and it worked great. I need to put it through its paces and will get around to it in a month or so. Business obligations. I believe from my sort time using it that it will be a perfect addition to my shop.
June 25th, 2015
Very nice planer
Comment:I like the planer primarily because it has three knives and two speeds. I replaced my Grizzly two knife single speed planer so I have high expectations for the DW. I haven't used it a lot yet but do not like that DW leaves you hanging on how to handle the chip discharge. I ended up hooking it up to my dust collection system which works well but I don't understand what other owners w/o dust collectors will do. The in & out feed ext tables are a must. Don't buy it without them.
February 11th, 2015
Comment:this planer works very well a bargin at the price. my old planer left dips
December 30th, 2014
Best Price Anywhere
Comment:Once I decided to buy a DeWalt 735 planer I started looking for the best price and found the "Factory Authorized OUTLET". I got the machine, in-feed & out-feed extensions AND a complete extra set of replacement knives for considerably less then all the other places were getting for the machine alone. It was a no brainer.
December 26th, 2014
By far, this is the best planer for its price point.
Comment:For the price, there is simply nothing in the marketplace that comes close in comparison to this planer. This purchase is my second 735X - for my vacation property shop. It is a superior workhorse - consistently producing quality planed wood.
December 21st, 2014
Comment:Great piece of equipment. Has worked well with hardwood up to 12" wide. Unbelievable finish. Very difficult to sand away. Order was received 2 days early. First time ordering from FAO but will do so again.
December 17th, 2014
Up to expectations
Comment:Works great on the ash boards. Planed 11" boards with no problems whatsoever. So far this unit is meeting my hopes. The blower does a pretty good job keeping the work area clear. we were able to modify a 50 gallon barrel to catch the chips. The old planer let us clean up with a scoop shovel. Now we empty the barrel. Great change.
December 5th, 2014
Professional grade planer
Comment:If You need a planer that is more than a toy, this is it. The two speeds allow fast, accurate cuts with a glass smooth surfac. Have not had a chance yet to change the blades but if my previous experience with Dewalt is any predicter it will be a snap.