Scans through tile, drywall, marble, concrete, and more (view larger).
Offering an easy and reliable way to determine if pipes, studs, or wiring are present behind a wall, the cordless DEWALT DCT418S1 handheld radar scanner kit features innovative radar sensing technology that detects and identifies wood, ferrous metal, non-ferrous metal, live electric wires, and PVC behind multiple types of wall surfaces, making it ideal for remodelers, installers, service technicians and maintenance personnel.
Powered by DEWALT's 12-volt lithium ion battery system, the DCT418S1 can share 12-volt Max lithium ion batteries with other tools in the lineup, and this package comes with one battery and a fast charger.
The DCT418S1 has a sensing depth of up to 3 inches, and it displays objects it detects behind the wall surface on its 3.5-inch color LCD screen. It features a pre-scan mapping mode that eliminates the need for you to calibrate or choose between settings. The first pass over the wall surface maps all of the detected objects behind the surface. When you reverse the direction of the DCT418 to scan, the objects detected behind the wall surface are displayed.
Other features include a tracking bar that counts the number of objects detected in an up to 9.8-foot section of a wall surface, and a confidence meter communicates the unit's signal strength. An ergonomic handle with a soft over-mold grip provides a comfortable grip.Features
- Patent pending radar sensing technology detects wood, ferrous metal, non-ferrous metal, PVC and live electric behind walls
- Scans through multiple surfaces including drywall, plywood, concrete, marble and ceramic tile
- Automatic mapping feature processes all embeded materials simultaneously eliminating need for repeat calibration
- Color, 3.5" LCD display for improved visibility and communication of object type and location
- Tracking bar displays object locations of entire mapped area (up to 9.8')
- Customer Reviews