The LS1016L Features:
- Largest crown molding cutting capacity in its class
- Compact design with a patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Exclusive 6 linear ball bearings deliver smooth, solid, and adjustment-free ''dead-on'' accurate cuts
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8'' crown molding (vertically nested), 4-3/4'' baseboard (vertical), and 12'' cross cuts at 90°
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity
- Miters 0°-52° left and 0°-60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left and right)
- Less weight (52.2 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy jobsite portability
- Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance, and delivers 3,200 RPMs with soft start for smoother start-ups
- Electronic Speed Control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher quality cutting
- Exclusive 4-3/4'' tall dual sliding fence system features upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line of cut with micro fine adjustments; independent switch allows laser to be seen with and without the blade rotating
- Dual rear-handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0°-45° (left and right), with positive stops at 22.5°, 33.9° and 45° (left and right)
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- Easy one-touch miter lock for accurate adjustments and increased efficiency
- Replaceable stainless steel miter scale features large and easy-to-read markings
- Large precision-machined aluminum base supports material for more efficient cutting
- Easy to read dual bevel scale for more precise adjustments
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- Easy one-step blade changes for increased efficiency
- Rubberized feet help tool stationary
- Large adjustable fence levers for fast and easy adjustments
- Oversized trigger switch for better fit, added comfort and easier operation
- Fully enclosed bottom throat plate for a cleaner work surface
- 4-1/2'' base height enables user to use three (3) 2x material for temporary table extensions
- Blade Diameter: 10''
- Arbor: 5/8''
- Crown Moulding (nested): 6-5/8''
- Baseboard (vertical): 4-3/4''
- Max. Cutting Capacityy
- 90°: 4-3/4'' x 12''
- 45°L/R: 2-1/2'' x 8-1/2''
- No Load RPM: 3,200
- AMPS: 15.0
- Size(L x W x H): 28-1/8'' x 25-1/4'' x 26-1/2''
- Vertical Vise (122854-6)
- Dust Bag (122852-0)
- Triangular Rule (762001-3)
- Socket Wrench #13 (782232-8)
- Hex Wrench (783208-8)
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(2 Reviews)
2 Item(s)per page
October 19th, 2012
Everything I expected
Comment:After looking at reviews of 12 inch miter saws, I selected the Makita. It was a great choice. I am looking forward to some projects that I have been putting off laminate wood floors and baseboards because my tablesaw would slow up the job.
August 7th, 2012
Good product and easy to operate
Comment:I purchased this saw for my husband who argued that it was too expensive. After he received the saw, set it up, and began to use it, he has decided it was worth the money. Thanks for making an affordable, quality product.
2 Item(s)per page