Rugged... Durable... Dependable... Power When You Need It!
Now One Time Only Hurricane Special Pricing .....
For a Limited time we have reduced our prices up to 50% to make it easier for more people to afford these quality generators.
Perfect for Power Outages, the Construction Site, Service Trucks & More.
The XP8500E Features:
- Durable DuroMax 16.0 Hp, air cooled engine w/ recoil and electric start.
- Heavy duty steel frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth and quiet operation.
- Full power panel with oil warning and battery condition lights, key start switch, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
- Wheel and handle kit for easy transporting. Now features our new 10-1/2" all-terrain never flat tires. Ever been frustrated when you went to use a hand truck, bicycle, or wheel barrow and found it with a flat tire, this will never be the case with our never flat tires. They offer the flexibility and looks of a pneumatic tire, without the rigidity of a solid tire. This design improves the mobility across both soft ground and hard surfaces.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Maximum Output ]: 8.0 hrs.
- (4) 20A Fully protected 120V outlets.
- (1) 30A 120V/240V twist-lock.
- (1) 10A 12V utility connection for charging a battery or running a verity of 12V devices.
- Low oil shut-off protects engine. This model also includes an advance oil warning light that warns you of a low oil condition before the unit shuts off due to low oil.
- Super quiet muffler reduces engine noise. Includes spark arrestor for use in brushy areas.
- Idle control (Auto Throttle) switch: When the idle control is switched on it automatically lowers the RPM's to an idle when no power is being used. When power is used it automatically raises the RPM to respond to the load and then lowers it again when the load is removed. This feature dramatically saves fuel and reduces noise when engaged.
- Max AC Output: 8500 watts
- Rated AC Output: 7000 watts
- Current (120V/240VAC & 12VDC)
- (4) 120v 20A 3-prong outlets
- (Standard Household plug)
- (1) 120v/240v 30A twist lock
- (NEMA L14-30 3 Pole 4 Wire)
- (1) 10A 12V utility connection.
- Amps: 58.4A/29.2A
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 7.0 gal
- 16 Hp air cooled engine.
- Low oil shutoff w/ advance warning light.
- EPA & CARB approved engines.
- Super quiet exhaust w/ built-in spark arrestor.
- Electric Key & EZ-Pull Recoil start.
- RV/Equipment switch: Increases Amperage for large 120 volt loads.
- Noise level: 72 Decibel with a load. 41 Decibel with idle control engaged and no load.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Maximum Output ]: 8.0 hrs. This can be greatly increased with intermittent loads and the use of the idle control.
- Extra large 10-1/2" all-terrain never flat tires.
- Flip-Up stow away Handles.
- Spark plug wrench.
- Electric Starter & Battery.
- All new high impact interior/exterior packaging insures your generator will get to you in 100% factory perfect condition.
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(6 Reviews)
November 12th, 2010
Comment:Delivered on time. No issues. Started on the first try. Very happy so far!
November 8th, 2010
Comment:I live in Louisiana. Our electricity goes out quite often; because of bad weather. I bought this generator because it looked like it would best fit my need. I have not had to use it so far since it was delivered, however, I did put gas and oil in it and it runs quiter than the one I now have. The older one is a smaller generator and I could only run a few things at a time; the freezer at night, leaving me with no fans to sleep under.
October 9th, 2010
Well Pleased after 1 year
Comment:I have had the Duromax xp8500e for a little over 18 months now and replaced a Honda 4400 watt generator with it. Our power goes out often and recently ran the generator over 8 hrs due to a failure in the area. Total run time would be estimated at over 60 hours thus far. I have read the other reviews and decided to post this one. I have not experienced any problems other than the tires leaking down over time. I use it to power the entire house and just pay attention to how much and what I'm using such as cutting the hot water pump off while taking showers since I have 2 4000 watt elements in an 80 gallon tank. After showering and running the water pump I cut the hot water heater back on. The 2 refrigerators and 2 freezers as well as lights, tv/satellite are all fine during this process. Manage your consumption, use a transfer switch and inlet box, it makes things much simpler and very quick. Change the oil after the first couple of runs due to break in. Shut the gas off and let the motor run out then cut the switch off. It starts occassionally on the first pull and if not on the second just to see if it will but use the electric start. It is quiter than the 4400 watt I had and the idle down/up according to demand works great. On several occasions I've had to take it to work on construction projests, buildings where there was no power available and operated fine. For the price and wattage this one has been excellent for me.
August 17th, 2010
First time generator buyer is IMPRESSED
Comment:I bought my XP8500E generator from Generator Factory Outlet. I also had to have a warm body at the house to direct the driver to unload, but he did have a lift gate ($50.00 extra charge, no problem). I unwrapped the unit, oiled and gassed it up and hit the key ONCE and it started right up. Hey, its probably made in China, but the fit and finish and overall quality was excellent. I connected it to my water pump and fridge and it barely slowed down. Its easy to move with the wheel kit,too. I looked at generators of this rating that cost a LOT more, then bought this one for $899.00 plus the $50.00 for the lift gate. Shipping was INCLUDED in the price! No problems, no hassles. No more losing all my food in the fridge when the power goes out for 24 hours!
July 13th, 2010
Comment:Not as quiet as I would have hoped but none-the-less is a great product. Will tap it into my main household line to run everything when the power goes off for 36 hours again.
January 16th, 2010
Comment:The 8500 has identical spec's to the PowerMax XP8500E, but buying this one saves a C-note. As a test the elderly recipient of this generator feebly pulled the cord to start the motor. At first it looked pointless as the effort failed to build up any momentum. The motor turned about one and a half strokes, but incredibly, the motor fired up on the second tug. The electric start worked fine, but if the battery happens to lose too much charge, starting the motor by hand proves easy enough. It's also possible to jump start it just like a car. Delivery requires coördinating with a shipping company that only hands over the product to a warm body. For the customer accustomed to finding items dropped off at the stoop, that sucks. It also conflicts with having the item sent to a site other than home. The driver had no qualms, though, about loading the generator onto the back of a pick-up which was nice. Still, instead of waiting for a delivery which I had to transfer to another location,I could have just as easily bought a generator at the hardware store. Amazon used to conveniently leave items for me where ever I needed them delivered (Kansas, Michigan, Virginia). Now, I have to take time off from work to meet a trucker and complete the delivery myself. Gifts don't arrive as a welcome surprise anymore because the recipients have to go through the same rigamarole. It has ample 120 volt receptacles to plug portable GFCI's into for running heavy duty extension cords through the house. This'll provide some immediate comfort while the electrician installs a transfer switch, a 30 amp inlet and sub-panel. He or she will also piece together a 10-4 SO extension cord to connect between the generator's 220 volt outlet and the sub-panel's inlet. Don't scrimp on the budget for the set up with the transfer switch. It makes plugging in a generator convenient and safe. You can hook up the generator yourself any time you want to later. --tick-tock--October 2008, it still runs. It has only a few hours running time, though. A generator mechanic pointed out that these cheap products have short lives without regular attention, so change that oil! $700 genny, good deal, would buy from same again.