Kreg gives you the right tools to build or refinish a deck with this Deck Jig (KJDECKSYS). Use it to create strong wood-to-wood bonds that will ensure durability and longevity. It's easy to use: just drill holes into the edge of your deck board using the stepped bit guided by the jig's hardened steel drill guide, drive the specialized self-tapping deck screws through the same drill guides and into the joist as the depth collar precisely controls the depth. It works with a variety of decking materials, including composite deck boards, softwoods and tropical hardwoods.
The KJDECKSYS Features:
- Easy-grip handle gives you a secure hold and complete control over each and every joint.
- Handy Spacer Rings ensure accurate deck board spacing for proper drainage and longer deck life.
- Three separate Drill Guides let you install deck boards in a variety of hard-to-reach areas.
- Hardened Steel Drill Guides keep your specialized stepped bit and driver bit at the precise, optimal angle.
- Standard Deck vs. Kreg Deck. Get the deck you want, without any unsightly exposed nails or screws. The Deck Jig's specialized self tapping screws are driven at a precise angle into the edge of your deck boards so they stay hidden from view. Where seasonal changes might force traditional fasteners out of place with time, Kreg screws stay protected safely below the surface, for a longer-lasting deck. By coupling the Kreg Deck Jig with composite decking, you'll get a deck free of cracks, splinters, and "pop-out" fasteners.
- Drill. Drive. Done! Securing a deck board with the Kreg Deck Jig takes only 3 simple steps. First you drill holes into the edge of your deck board using the specialized stepped bit, guided by the jig's hardened steel drill guides. Next, you drive the specialized self-tapping deck screws through the same drill guides and into the joist as the depth collar precisely controls the depth. That's it, you're done! You've just created an incredibly strong and sturdy joint with no visible fastener.
- Works with a wide variety of decking materials. For the best results, we recommend composite deck boards which prevent shrinking/swelling/splitting. Select a solid composite material with no machined grooves. Also works great with native softwoods such as Redwood, Cedar, Pressure Treated Pine, and ACQ, along with certain Tropical Hardwoods like Ipe, Red Balau, and Ironwood.
- Kreg Deck Jig System
- (1) 6-Inch Deck Jig drill Bit with stop collar
- (1) 6-Inch KTX square driver bit with stop collar
- (3) 5/16-Inch spacer rings
- (3) 1/4" spacer rings
- (100) Protec-Kote deck screws
- (1) FREE MaxTool Multi Knife with Pouch
- Carrying case
- Instructional DVD
- Lifetime Warranty
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(1 Review)
1 Item(s)per page
October 14th, 2014
Typical Kreg quality
Comment:I purchased this jig because I'm going to be replacing my redwood deck soon. I used Simpson deck hardware the first time when I installed the deck many years ago and it was and continues to be unsatisfactory. I own other Kreg jigs and know and trust their quality and ease of use. I closed my cabinet shop and retired 15 years ago.
1 Item(s)per page