- Double parallel-link arm design dramatically reduces vibration and noise, for extremely accurate cuts
- Exclusive tool-free blade clamps allow blade changes in seconds
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower and blade-tensioning lever are all located on the front upper arm
- Arm design pivots from the back of the saw to the front, shortening the arm movement for smoother, quieter operation
- Arm lifts so blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts
- Unique arm design keeps the blade perpendicular to the work, dramatically reducing over or under cutting
- Oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45° left and right
What's in The Box
- Hex Wrench
- Owner’s Manual
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- 1 Year Free Service Contract
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Specifications Amps 1.3Amps Strokes/Min 400-1,750spm Stroke Length 3/4" Depth of Cut (inches) 2" Tool Weight 56lbs
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(8 Reviews)
8 Item(s)per page
January 7th, 2017
Comment:I have had this Scroll Saw for 20+ years. Sadly it is now giving me some problems. I am trying to figure out how to repair it. But, it might just be time for a replacement. No doubt in my that I would buy another 788. I believe it is the best one out there. I've had others and there is no comparison.
September 10th, 2016
Comment:I had to replace my 30 year old saw and this one works beautifully with the exception of the hold down arm. I make a lot of name plates using narrow boards and the arm loses contact with the wood and I ended up having to remove it and apply added pressure to the wood to keep it from vibrating.
February 7th, 2014
Comment:Have had 6 scroll saws since the 1980's, then I bought a Refurbished DW788 in 2000, used it almost everyday for plaques, sign work, and enjoyment. Then it just snapped and smoked in December. Researched online and found the best deal for the best scroll saw I've ever had (DW788). New one is smoother and quieter but the armature rattles a bit more than the old one. But I still love it.
January 10th, 2014
Comment:Ordered for my husband and he says it is great.
December 18th, 2013
Comment:I have had a 788 for three years. I thought it was great, til I got this new 788. This saw is so much smoother, quieter, and cuts better than the old saw. I intend to find out why.
December 9th, 2013
Comment:This saw is fantastic. It has met every expectations and even better.
October 10th, 2013
Terrific so far!
Comment:Outside of an local case of address dyslexsia in delivery, I've been very pleased with this scroll. In every way it has ex-
ceeded my expectations. The tilt arm for changing interior cuts is fast and easy along with the adjustable, "automatic" tensioning. I haven't even bolted this saw down yet and their is little to no vibration.
December 4th, 2012
Comment:It was for my husband and he loves it, he just got a chance to use it recently.
8 Item(s)per page