The DW618B3 Features
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12.0 Amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64" increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location
- Adjustable, tool-free steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking
- Integral, through-the-column dust collection collects 95% of the dust and provides superior bit visibility
- Quick release motor latches for fast and easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes
- Detachable cordset offers cordset serviceability and the ability to use the same motor pack for all bases
- Sub-base concentricity gauge included to ensure bit concentricity for best-in-class accuracy
- Precision machined brass bushings and case-hardened steel guide rods provide a smooth and accurate plunge stroke
- Spindle lock to allow for one wrench bit changes
- Clear, LEXAN sub-base provides enhanced base durability, bit visibility, and accepts standard template guide bushings
- Rubber overmolded handles and low center of gravity design provide best-in-class comfort, balance, and control
- Dust-sealed switch provides durability and long switch life
- Heavy duty, precision machined, die-cast aluminum base and motor housing for durability and low tool weight
- Nickel plated motor housing for a smooth, long-lasting depth adjustment
- Right or left switch and cordset location provides the ability to have the switch in your right or left hand
- Flat top for easy bit and depth changes
- Self-releasing, long, eight slotted collets for better bit retention and eliminating frozen bits
- Five position, adjustable turret stop assists in stepped or repeated plunge cuts
- Micro-fine depth adjustment on plunge base 5/128" per turn for precise routing in veneer and inlays
- Easy to reach plunge lever and switch for superior control while routing
- Amps 12.0 Amps
- Horsepower 2-1/4 HP
- No Load Speed 8,000-24,000 rpm
- Collet Diameter 1/2", 1/4"
- Plunge Stroke 2-1/2"
- Depth Stop Micro-fine Ring
- Base Dimension 6"
- Spindle Lock Yes
- DW618M motor pack
- DW6184 fixed base
- DW6182 plunge base
- DW6183 D-handle base
- 1/4" and 1/2" collets
- sub-base concentricity gauge
- large hole sub-base
- vacuum adaptor
- heavy-duty kit box
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(3 Reviews)
3 Item(s)per page
November 23rd, 2013
Best Router I have ever owned.
Comment:I have owned many different brands of routers in my time of woodworking and i have to say this is the lightest and most powerful router i have ever had. I have recommended router set to many of my frieda and family. They have all be very happy with it and would get more products from DeWalt in the future.
April 16th, 2012
DW618B3 Heavy Duty Router Kit
Comment:Have not had the chance to use it but from checking it out for adjustments and operation it appears solid. The instructions are clear and easy, the packaging is great, as well as, the price. I will definitely buy again from this place.
April 11th, 2012
Great price on this router combo
Comment:If you're looking at this router combo you know what you're looking for. It's the item you want and now you just want the best deal from a Factory Authorized Dealer so you can buy with confidence. You can price away to your heart's content but you won't find a better price on this DeWALT Heavy-Duty 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP) Three Base Router Kit. Comes in a rather large hard case, was shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition and working order. It's not just about price though. DeWalt routers receive top reviews by owners. THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. And did I mention free shipping?
3 Item(s)per page