The DW618M Features:
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12.0 Amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control
- Dust-sealed switch provides durability and long switch life
- Spindle lock to allow for one wrench bit changes
- Heavy-duty, precision machined, die-cast aluminum motor housing for durability and low tool weight
- Nickel plated motor housing for a smooth, long-lasting depth adjustment
- Flat top for easy bit and depth changes
- Self-releasing, long, eight slotted collets for better bit retention and eliminating frozen bits
- Amps 12.0 Amps
- Horsepower 2-1/4 HP
- No Load Speed 8-24,000 rpm
- Collet Diameter 1/2", 1/4"
- Plunge Stroke N/A "
- Depth Stop Micro-fine Ring
- Base Dimension 6"
- Spindle Lock Yes
- Tool Weight 5.6 lbs
- DW618M motor pack
- 1/4" and 1/2" collets
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(3 Reviews)
3 Item(s)per page
November 15th, 2013
Repoacement Router Motor
Comment:I use this in a home made router table, I use it a lot. When one Dewalt 21/4HP motor died I had been so impressed with it that nothing would do but to replace it with the same motor, though at this time I could have installed anything.
November 9th, 2013
Nice Router Motor
Comment:I bought this motor to put in a dedicated mortising machine. It is working great. Fit well. Easy to use. Changing bits with only one wrench is a big step up (no more scraped knuckles!) Finally, this is my first router with "soft start" technology. Big improvement in that there is no torque twist. In my case, this is not a huge deal since the router is installed in a machine. In the future, though, I will make sure to purchase softs starts in the future.
June 15th, 2013
Comment:Runs great and price is right
3 Item(s)per page