- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12 amp motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods.
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64'' increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location.
- Adjustable, tool-free steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking.
- Quick release motor latches for fast and easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes.
- Detachable cordset offers cordset serviceability and the ability to use the same motor pack for all bases.
- Sub-base concentricity gauge included to ensure bit concentricity for best-in-class accuracy.
- Spindle lock to allow for one wrench bit changes.
- Clear, LEXAN sub-base provides enhanced base durability, bit visibility, and accepts standard template guide bushings.
- Rubber overmolded handles and low center of gravity design provide best-in-class comfort, balance, and control.
- Dust-sealed switch provides durability and long switch life.
- Heavy duty, precision machined, die-cast aluminum base and motor housing for durability and low tool weight.
- Nickel plated motor housing for a smooth, long-lasting depth adjustment.
- Right or left switch and cordset location provides the ability to have the switch in your right or left hand.
- Flat top for easy bit and depth changes.
- Self-releasing, long, eight slotted collets for better bit retention and eliminates frozen bits.
What's in The Box
- DW618M Motor Pack
- DW6184 Fixed Base
- 1/4'' and 1/2'' collets
- Owner’s Manual
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Specifications Amps 12 Horsepower 2-1/4 HP No Load Speed 8,000-24,000 rpm Collet Diameter 1/2, 1/4'' Plunge Stroke N/A Depth Stop Micro-fine Ring Base Dimension 6'' Spindle Lock Yes
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(7 Reviews)
7 Item(s)per page
April 12th, 2014
Comment:So far , I am very pleased with the router. It has plenty of power and is easy to adjust. Just finished making an exterior door and it handled the large cutters with ease.
January 3rd, 2014
Comment:This is a great router plenty of power, mounted it on spare router table. Easy to set up.
August 2nd, 2013
Comment:This router does just what I wanted it for. I am using it as a dedicated unit in my router table and it works great.
October 25th, 2012
Comment:performed just as advertized. cant ask for more.
August 18th, 2012
Good medium-duty router
Comment:The DW618 is a solid machine that plows grooves, cuts mortises, rabbets, and trims edges as well as any comparable router Ive used. Highly recommended.
August 5th, 2012
Very good router for the price
Comment:Very good router for the price
March 26th, 2012
Comment:Very easy tool to use. Starts easy, starts slow speed, very easy to handle! Oak doesn't slow it down! Great price! Price beat the heck out of Lowes. Lowes doesn't always means they are the lowest price!!!!!!!
7 Item(s)per page