- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12 amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods.
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64'' increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location.
- Adjustable, tool-free steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking.
- Integral, through-the-column dust collection collects 95% of the dust and provides superior bit visibility.
- Quick release motor latches for fast and easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes.
- Detachable cordset offers cordset serviceability and the ability to use the same motor pack for all bases.
- Sub-base concentricity gauge included to ensure bit concentricity for best-in-class accuracy.
- Precision machined brass bushings and case-hardened steel guide rods provide a smooth and accurate plunge stroke.
- Spindle lock to allow for one wrench bit changes.
- Clear, LEXAN sub-base provides enhanced base durability, bit visibility, and accepts standard template guide bushings.
- Rubber overmolded handles and low center of gravity design provide best-in-class comfort, balance, and control.
- Dust-sealed switch provides durability and long switch life.
- Heavy duty, precision machined, die-cast aluminum base and motor housing for durability and low tool weight.
- Nickel plated motor housing for a smooth, long-lasting depth adjustment.
- Right or left switch and cordset location provides the ability to have the switch in your right or left hand.
- Flat top for easy bit and depth changes.
- Self-releasing, long, eight slotted collets for better bit retention and eliminates frozen bits.
- Five position, adjustable turret stop assists in stepped or repeated plunge cuts.
- Micro-fine depth adjustment on plunge base 5/128'' per turn for precise routing in veneer and inlays.
- Easy to reach plunge lever and switch for superior control while routing.
- Amps: 12
- Horsepower: 2-1/4 HP
- No Load Speed: 8,000-24,000 rpm
- Collet Diameter: 1/2, 1/4''
- Plunge Stroke: 2 1/2''
- Depth Stop: Micro-fine Ring
- Base Dimension: 6''
- Spindle Lock: Yes
- DW618M Motor Pack
- DW6184 Fixed Base
- DW6182 plunge base
- 1/4'' and 1/2'' collets
- Sub-base concentricity gauge
- Large hold sub base
- Vacuum adaptor
- Heavy-duty kit box
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(4 Reviews)
4 Item(s)per page
June 20th, 2014
whats not to LOVE
Comment:DEWALT IS THE "TOOL" THE ONLY ONE ..nEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE CAN THEIR BE SOMETHING ELSE? SHOW ME
April 11th, 2014
Comment:this router is very user friendly,powerful
November 26th, 2012
DeWALT 2-1/4 HP EVS Fixed Base / Plunge Router Combo
Comment:Great router. Easy to use and the setup instructions were simple and easy to understand. As with all my other DeWalt tools, ie: corded drill/20v cordless hammer drill, jig saw, 13.5 thickness planer, I am very pleased with this router. I would suggest this item to anyone.
October 28th, 2012
Powerful router at a great price
Comment:Router arrived early and in good condition. This router has plenty of power for use with router tables and is easy to use with the fixed and plunger base. You wont go wrong with purchasing this unit.
4 Item(s)per page