- Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility
- Powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75% of dust generated
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2" nested and base molding up to 6-1/2" vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- Exclusive Back Fence Design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2x12 at 45°
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy
- Miters 60° to the right and 50° to the left providing increased capacity
- Oversized bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy
- Compact, lightweight design (56 lbs.) allows for easy transport and storage
- Cam lock miter handle with detent override deliver quick and accurate miter angles
- Dual horizontal steel rails with innovative clamping mechanism and linear ball bearings deliver an accurate, durable and compact saw
- Innovative gearbox and belt-drive design increases vertical cutting capacity
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support optimize durability and cutting accuracy
What's in The Box
- (1) DWS780 Miter Saw
- Carbide blade
- Blade wrench
- Dust bag
- Vertical material clamp
- Owner’s Manual
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
- 1 Year Free Service Contract
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
Specifications Blade Diameter 12" Amps 15Amps No Load Speed 3,800rpm Arbor Size 5/8" or 1" Vertical Capacity Baseboard Against Fence 6-3/4" Vertical Capacity Crown Molding Vertically Nested 7-1/2" Horizontal Capacity Baseboard Lying Flat 16" Horizontal Capacity Crown Molding Lying Flat 13-3/4" 45° Bevel Cut Capacity (dimensional lumber) 2x14 (2x16 with back fence) 90° Cross-Cut Capacity (dimensional lumber) 2x14 (2x16 with back fence)" 90° Cross-Cut Capacity (Max Width) 16" 45° Miter Cut Capacity (Max Height) 2x12 45° Miter Cut Capacity (Max Width) 2x12
- Customer Reviews
Average! Customer Rating:(10 Reviews)
March 5th, 2016
Comment:I purchased the saw about 18 months ago. It built a new shop and mans cave. The quality and performance was better than I was hoping for. I had an older radial arm saw for over 30 years and this machine fully replaced all of this machine and more. I build furniture on the side, and the cut quality with the Freud blade has been terific, with cut precision using the LED guide is fantastic. Angles are perfect right from the box. I highly recommend this saw for all levels of carpentry.
February 27th, 2016
Best saw i ever owned
Comment:I purchased this saw about a year ago. Used it on so many jobs one of the best saws I have ever used well worth the money. The quality is second to none. It has held up to just about anything I can throw at it. Ive used it for cutting molding to flooring and trim work. Great right out of the box never had to make any adjustments. I am still using this saw and am happy with the purchase. I have used a lot of saws in the past this is by far the best. The blade stops for safety as soon s you let off the trigger. The blade was squre right out of the box. Has so many adjustments for just about any job. This is probably one of the most important tools a contractor could have.
January 8th, 2015
Comment:I have never had to touch any adjustments, great right out of the box.
April 16th, 2014
Double bevel miter saw
Comment:As a contractor who makes a living with his tools this one gets the job done and pays for itself. Enough said.
November 8th, 2013
Cuts like butter...
Comment:I have been asked "where do you get this"? All my neighbors want to borrow my saw and I told them they can get their own from DeWalt Factory Authorized store at a great price. Home Depot almost got my money, but I am glad I found this on-line...thanks DeWalt!!!!
September 17th, 2013
Dewalt 780 Miter Saw---top drawer!
Comment:I checked the angle settings and found them absolutely dead on---this tool is superbly built and has performed flawlessly for my purposes--(this includes cutting the aluminum shapes of the 80/20 rail systems---great tool!
September 13th, 2013
Comment:Had a DeWalt DW718 prior to this saw, never had a problem with it and this saw is light years ahead of it. Great purchase, Thanks! Bob
February 28th, 2013
best mitre saw i've bought so far
Comment:Got to be the best saw on the market by far - as we say in Scotland - Ye canny whack it wae a big stick - if you aint got it get it.
November 7th, 2012
Comment:Im no pro, and dont have a lot of experence comparing this saw to others on the market. I can only say that I enjoy using this saw. It performs as advertised, and Im happy with my purchase.
October 31st, 2012
Very nice tool
Comment:Nothing but good.